On Association for Cooperation and Development foreign representatives of ACD National Section
1. The Regulations on Association for Cooperation and Development (hereinafter referred to as the ACD) foreign representatives define the ACD foreign representatives of ACD National Section (hereinafter referred to as the RNS) appointment and dismissal procedure, as well as their functions within the territory of the country of residence.
2. ACD representatives are individuals that are not employed by the ACD and instructed to act in the interests of the ACD on a voluntary basis. As a rule, a foreign national holding a high (decent) social position in the country of residence and possessing the necessary personal qualities as well as the ability to properly carry out the functions assigned to him/her may be appointed as a ACD representative.
3. ACD RNS shall be governed by the laws of the Czech Republic and the country of residence, international treaties which the Czech Republic is part to, the generally recognized principles of international law and international customs, as well as the Statute of the ACD, the decisions of the ACD executive body, the orders of the President of the ACD, the instructions of ACD leaders and these Regulations.
4. The legal status of ACD representatives in the country of residence shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the Czech Republic and the laws of the country of residence.
5. The ACD shall not be liable for the obligations of ACD representatives. In turn, RNC shall not be responsible for the liabilities of the ACD.
ACD REPRESENTATIVE APPOINTMENT AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURE
1. In order for a candidate to be appointed to the position of a ACD representative an applicant himself or a requesting organization shall fill a form to the ACD with a proposal to appoint a particular person as a ACD representative with the following documents uploaded:
- candidate’s application requesting the appointment to the position of a RNS;
- candidate’s curriculum vitae;
- references signed by a requesting organization or written on behalf of individuals holding prominent public positions in the country of residence (if any);
- copy of the passport;
- color photo;
- contact information (place of residence, addresses, contact numbers, etc.).
2. The documents referred to in paragraph 1 Chapter B of these Regulations shall be considered by the ACD executive body for approval for the purpose intended.
- personal solicitation of a RNS;
- representative’s systematic non-observance of the ACD Statute,
- decisions of the ACD executive body or of the President of the ACD.
6. Provided there are grounds for the termination of the functions carried out by a RNS, a ACD executive body shall draw up and submit a memorandum justifying the release from office of a ACD representative to the ACD President.
Tasks, obligations and rights of ACD representatives
- to represent the interests of the ACD and ACD members in the country of residence;
- to support the creation of favorable conditions for the all kind of cooperation and development within the country of residence;
- to promote the establishment and development of contacts between the ACD and chambers, government bodies, businesses and non-profit organizations, ministries, embassies, consulates and other partner organizations of the country of residence in the field of foreign trade, business, culture, education, services, and other fields.
2. RNS within one’s competence shall meet the following responsibilities:
- information analysis products and reference data suggesting the solutions for cooperation and development between ACD, ACD members and the country of residence, giving an insight into market trends and conditions, business and other missions exchange, as well as other matters of interest to the ACD;
- legislative acts, rules, and regulations governing foreign trade, business and other activities, cooperation and development in the country of residence;
- analysis of exhibition activities, major products and services, organization of product quality examination and certification, intellectual property rights protection, arbitral authorities operation;
- recommendations on exhibitions, fairs, and other congress events held in the country of residence, participation in which may be of interest to ACD;
2.2. shall maintain contacts with business and non-business associations and partner organizations of the ACD within the country of residence, which contribute to the cooperation and development;
- data collection on problem areas and other issues in the country of residence;
- representation and protection of their interests on issues related to activities implementation in the country of residence, including the contribution to the settlement of disputes between them and their foreign partners;
- search for potential partners in the country of residence, the establishment of direct communications, that includes involving, on agreed terms, specialized organizations to provide consulting and information services concerning market research, engineering, marketing, industrial property protection, legal and other issues;
- organization of meetings, negotiations, seminars and other events with the participation of interested members of ACD and residence country organizations;
- organization of exhibitions, seminars, conferences, missions, trade fairs, set up of advertising and information centers in the country of residence, as well as attraction of entities to participate in exhibitions and events held under the auspices of the ACD;
2.4. shall advocate for the attraction of investments into ACD projects, assist in the promotion and implementation of investment and other projects designed by ACD members in the territory of the country of residence and, on agreed terms, investment and other projects of foreign companies in the ACD projects;